Pages

Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Johnny Depp Calls Penelope Cruz a 'Loyal and True Friend'

Johnny Depp only had nice things to say about his dear friend Penelope Cruz while she was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday. The actor called her a "loyal and true friend" and "phenomenal mommy" during his speech at the ceremony. Aww!

The actor said about his Blow co-star (via People.com): "She's an inconceivably phenomenal mommy, which I've witnessed firsthand, and it's pretty incredible. She's as loyal and true a friend as anyone could ever dream of and I'm very privileged to be able to have her in my life."

The friendly feelings are mutual. Penelope thanked her actor pal in her acceptance speech. "I came to Los Angeles for the first time in 1994. I spoke no English. I only knew how to say two sentences: One was, 'How are you?' The other was, 'I want to work with Johnny Depp,' " she said. "In the last 10 years I've worked with him twice, and that has improved my English."

Penelope gave birth to her first child in January, and hubby Javier Bardem was also present at the unveiling Friday to support his gal. She's the first Spanish-born actress to get her own star and thanked her family in her speech, "and of course my wonderful husband and my son for making me so happy every day" she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment